The NHS Friends and Family Test
We’re listening to your feedback.
You have been giving us feedback on your care and treatment. You told us:
- Perhaps copies of results could be sent direct to patients to help us understand results more. Have copies for our records. Also rather than calling several times for results.
- GP services at the weekend would be extremely helpful as my husband has no chance to visit the GP due to work.
- Patient appointments should be longer to avoid constant late running. Overall experience pretty good.
- Have a self check in electronic system
- Increase the size of the parking area
- More appointments
- I feel uncomfortable pushing the bell for assistance in dispensary
- Maybe turn the music/radio in the waiting room down, because sometimes it can be difficult to hear your name being called. Alternatively, perhaps a screen across the top of the reception desk to indicate that Dr XXXXX is ready to see patient XXXXX in room number XXXX, after that not much else, apart from giving the struggling and very old pot plants some TLC!
We’re listening and this is what we’re doing:
- By April 2016 patients will have access to all detailed coded information in their medical record and this will include test results. The practice will advertise within the surgery and on the website when this service is available.
- The surgery offers GP appointments on alternate Saturday mornings. There are three early morning sessions a week; Tuesday and Wednesday 07:30 – 08:00 at Wateringbury Surgery and Thursday 07:30 – 08:00 at Larkfield Surgery.
- Appointments are set at 10 minutes. We do ask if you have a number of problems to discuss to ask for a double appointment. Patients can ask for a telephone consultation and this is also offered by the Reception Staff if there are no appointments are available. Our patient doctor ratio is with then recommended range. It is not feasible to extend the appointment times as this would impact on the number of appointments we can offer in a day. There are times when a GP or Nurse needs to spend more time with a patient to discuss a diagnosis or even admit a patient to hospital.
- A self check in system has been discussed in the past. However, the practice is very keen to keep the personal touch with its patients. It also allows the Receptionist to check patient details such as contact numbers or addresses if there is a discrepancy on the system.
- There is a covenant on the land that does not allow the surgery to extend the parking as this current time.
- The practice appointment system allows for patients to book an appointment in advance. We then hold some appointments back that are not available until the day for patients who need to be seen urgently. If an appointment is not available the patient will then be offered a telephone consultation with the GP.
- We welcome and encourage patients to use the bell for the dispensary as staff are not always aware someone is waiting. If you have had an appointment with the Doctor or Nurse and they have issued medication we ask that you take a seat and the Dispenser will call you when the medication is ready.
- The purpose of the radio is for confidentiality due to the open plan design of the Reception and Waiting room. Again the practice is keen to keep the personal touch and therefore GPs and Nurses like to collect their patients from the waiting room. The pot plants have now been removed from the waiting room.
Having your say helps to improve care for everyone so please keep putting us to the test by giving us your feedback each time you use our services.